This week the Pops duo continue with their focus on women entrepreneurs as part of Mother’s Day special.
In Part 1 last week, they spoke to Pooja Goyal, a serial entrepreneur and current COO of Avishkaar a platform for children where they are introduced to the concepts of robotics. Do check out that episode if you haven’t already.
One trend that came up in the chat with Pooja Goyal, was that of women starting businesses at home during the pandemic in the past year.
One such story Nadir Pop and Peter Pop came across in Forbes was of Tammy Vinokur, a high school teacher from Toronto, Canada. Sher along with her 2 daughters started Treatz Plz in September last year. Treatz plz sells candy boxes and candy platters with everyone’s favourite chocolates and candy.
Some of the highlights from that chat are :-
- Starting the business during the lockdown.
- Their best selling product, the Tik Tok candy box and how her daughter Zoey came up with the idea for it.
- Prioritizing school work, social life and the business in the lives of her daughters.
- The lessons she has learnt from her daughters.
- Some of the challenges they have faced running a business from home.
- New products from Treatz Plz.
If you have an interesting story or know of someone with an interesting story then please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Pops on our social media handles below for more updates.